International Mission Statement and Kansas Goals
MISSION STATEMENT: Alpha Delta Kappa is an international honorary organization of women educators dedicated to educational excellence, altruism and world understanding.
• To give recognition to outstanding women educators.
• To build a fraternal fellowship among women in the field of education which will add to their effectiveness in the promotion of excellence in education.
• To promote high standards of education and thereby strengthen the status and advancement of the education profession.
• To promote educational and charitable projects and activities, to sponsor scholarships, to further and maintain worthy standards in the field of education and to cooperate with worthy community programs relating to education and charities.
• To contribute to world understanding, goodwill, and peace through an international fellowship of women educators united in the ideals of education.
More than 29,000 women educators around the world have discovered the many opportunities provided by membership in Alpha Delta Kappa — opportunities for recognition of their commitment to educational excellence, for personal and professional growth and for collectively channeling their energies toward the good of their schools, communities, the teaching profession and the world. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, Alpha Delta Kappa has more than 1,200 chapters located in towns and cities in every state in the U.S., and around the world in Australia, Canada, Jamaica, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Membership, which is honorary and based on peer recognition, provides a wealth of opportunities for leadership development and networking through workshops, training sessions, conferences and conventions. But, perhaps the greatest opportunity Alpha Delta Kappa provides is the opportunity to make a difference. Around the world, Alpha Delta Kappa members combine their energies and talents to enrich their lives and the lives of others through thousands of heartwarming, community-based altruistic projects.
Taken from The International Alpha Delta Kappa Website, May 2020